I’ve a bunch of shows coming up and I’ve put them in a list:
- Sun 28th July: Today! Nursery House Party @ The Nursery Training Centre, 5:30pm – performing as part of The Nursery’s student ensemble Something Entirely Quenching;
- Sat 3rd August: Improbotics: Artificial Intelligence Improvisation @ Hen and Chickens, 9pm (Camden Fringe) – there’s a show on the Friday night too which I can’t make;
- Fri 9th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th August: City Impro: Laugh Island @ Canal Cafe Theatre, 7:30pm (Camden Fringe);
- Fri 16 August: Punderfest 2019, Hoopla @ The Miller, London Bridge, 7:30pm;
- Fri 9th, Sat 10, Fri 16, Sat 17 August: City Impro: Improv DeathMatch @ Aces and Eights, 10:15pm.
And that is the end of the list. Thanks. Maybe see you at a show.
I recently finished reading Hannah Fry’s book Hello World: How to Be Human In the Age of the Machine. It’s a clear, non-technical, myth deflating look at AI and the digital, similar to Tom Chatfield’s book How to Thrive in the Digital Age (2012) and the radio show The Digital Human, both of which I’ve extolled the virtues of.
Continue reading “The Algorithms We Want”
After a good time was had last year, I’m off to Brighton Fringe again.
Continue reading “Brighton Fringe. The Return.”
Plus Support – the (other) improv group I’m part of – begin our Sunday residency at The Nursery Theatre’s The Carousel today. More details here.
Had some great shows with City Impro at the Brighton Fringe.
As mentioned, I spent some of the time handing out flyers dressed in an Edwardian “swimsuit”. If you weren’t lucky enough to spot me, here I am (on the right) suitably attired with another City Impro member, Vasek:
As I pulled on the swimsuit for the first time, I recalled the story told by Patti Smith in Just Kids about her last visit to see Robert Mapplethorpe in hospital before he died:
I stood by his bed and took his hand … Suddenly he looked up and said, ‘Patti, did art get us?’ Perhaps it did but no one could regret that. Only a fool would regret being had by art; or a saint.
We (City Impro) have a show tonight at the Rosemary Branch Theatre. Details here if you want to come along.
Reading: The Incomplete Tim Key, Tim Key
I’m heading to the Brighton Fringe with City Impro this bank holiday weekend. We’re doing two different shows: City Impro By The Sea and Sin City Impro. If you’re in Brighton come along.
You may even get lucky (or, I concede, unlucky) and bump into me handing out the above flyers wearing (weather permitting) an Edwardian swimming costume. Be kind.
Reading: Delayed Gratification, Issue 29
I’m off to the Brighton Fringe with City Impro this month. Details and dates for the shows can be found here and here.
And we will be doing a show in the lead up to the Fringe at the Rosemary Branch Theatre, London, this Friday. Tickets for this show can be purchased here.