I’ve a bunch of shows coming up and I’ve put them in a list:
- Sun 28th July: Today! Nursery House Party @ The Nursery Training Centre, 5:30pm – performing as part of The Nursery’s student ensemble Something Entirely Quenching;
- Sat 3rd August: Improbotics: Artificial Intelligence Improvisation @ Hen and Chickens, 9pm (Camden Fringe) – there’s a show on the Friday night too which I can’t make;
- Fri 9th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th August: City Impro: Laugh Island @ Canal Cafe Theatre, 7:30pm (Camden Fringe);
- Fri 16 August: Punderfest 2019, Hoopla @ The Miller, London Bridge, 7:30pm;
- Fri 9th, Sat 10, Fri 16, Sat 17 August: City Impro: Improv DeathMatch @ Aces and Eights, 10:15pm.
And that is the end of the list. Thanks. Maybe see you at a show.
I recently finished reading Hannah Fry’s book Hello World: How to Be Human In the Age of the Machine. It’s a clear, non-technical, myth deflating look at AI and the digital, similar to Tom Chatfield’s book How to Thrive in the Digital Age (2012) and the radio show The Digital Human, both of which I’ve extolled the virtues of.
Continue reading “The Algorithms We Want”
I have seen Bob Dylan live. I wasn’t sure at first. I remembered seeing him perhaps at Wembley Stadium, because I had a vague memory of talking with my friend Tim as we made our way out of the gig. But I thought this might have been a dream, a false memory. But no, I was there. I found the ticket stub:
Continue reading “Other Shows Are Available”
It was a great Camden Fringe with City Impro. Some very good shows. One show was even standing room only after a nice mention in Time Out magazine.
We were joined by lots of great improvisers. Too many to mention individually, but they arrived from such groups as ClusterFox, PostScript, Punderstandably, and the RH Experience. I recommend them all to you.
And I’m pleased an example of the multi-layered, intelligent, thoughtful, and sometimes satirical, improvised comedy I contributed was captured on camera:
City Impro are back for our Rosemary Branch Theatre residency on Friday 7th September. Tickets.